Anyways, I thought since I really do not have much of an update on the house, as they just broke ground, I will write a post on the selections we chose the last 4 months.
When choosing our model, we walked through 3 different models. First was the Florence, then the Venice, and finally the Sienna. Our favorite was the Venice, but it was too much space for the two of us, and also we would not be able to do many upgrades. One of the selling points for my husband and I was laundry on the same level as the bedrooms, which the Florence did not have, and so we decided to go with the Sienna as it did have the laundry room on the top floor and we would be able to do all the upgrades we wanted! It also has room to grow, but we are not planning on starting a family for a few years, so it is a perfect fit for the two of us :) And so to the selections!!!
- Model: Sienna, Elevation B with partial stone front (Aspen stone I think), grey exterior color with white trim, black door, and dark grey shutters.
- Kitchen: Scottsdale Maple Cognac cabinets, Uba Tuba granite,tiled backspash stainless steel appliances. Crown Molding around cabinets, recessed lighting, upgraded 8in sink with pull out faucet and we added the island.
- Flooring: Carpet in the living room, foyer, basement, and upstairs. Vinyl tiles in mud room and bathrooms, Wood in kitchen, dining room, and morning room.
- Additional Upgrades
- Finished basement, no additional powder room, simply a storage closet
- Morning room with both optional windows, ceiling fan fix in.
- White cabinetry in bathrooms, standard counters.
- Fireplace with Uba Tuba granite
- Garage with additional side entry and garage door opener with outdoor keypad.
- Fan fix ins for all 3 bedrooms as well as the dining room and morning room
I am probably forgetting something, so if you have any questions just ask!! Also, if anyone has the granite/cabinet that we selected and would like to share pictures.. I would love to see :)